POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Your privacy is important to us. Pure Luxury Magazine, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Pure Luxury”, “us”, “we”) are committed to maintaining the privacy, security and accuracy of the personal information they collect, use and disclose in accordance with applicable legislation. CONSENT By submitting personal information to Pure Luxury or its agents, you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose such personal information with accordance with this privacy polity, the privacy preferences you have made known to us and as permitted or required by law. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you may refuse or withdraw your consent to certain of the identified purposes at any time by contacting us in writing. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain services or information that may be of value to you.
- What personal information do we collect? Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about “an identifiable individual” or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your forwarding address (e.g. during a vacation), previous address(es), payment information (for billing purposes), delivery instructions, and individual customer service preferences. In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background through surveys, contests, etc.
- Why do we collect your personal information? We collect your personal information for the purposes listed below:
(a) To provide the product, service or information you requested If you are a customer of one of our publications, we use your name and address (postal and/or e-mail) in order to deliver the product, service or information you requested and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., send a bill, notify you that your subscription is expiring, etc.). If you enter into a contest offered through one of our websites or printed publications, we use your personal information to administer the contest on our own behalf or on behalf of our sponsors.
(b) To process payment Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options – not for marketing purposes.
(c) To send you information From time to time we may send you further information about the publication, its offers, or other products produced under its name.
(d) Other purposes In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes: to detect and protect Pure Luxury and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Pure Luxury policies and contractual obligations; to understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations; to obtain audited statements regarding numbers of subscribers per publication; for any other purpose we may indicate to you from time to time.
- To whom do we disclose your personal information? We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
(a) Disclosure to Service Providers We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services on our behalf, including label printers, invoice printers, fulfillment contractors, auditors, our software developers (including website developers and hosts), data processing, document management and office services. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to an organization or individual retained by Pure Luxury to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account or to our auditors. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
(b) Disclosure to Trading Partners From time to time our magazines or websites may make their list of customers available to other carefully screened organizations (such as other magazines, book publishers, banks or charities) that want to let you know about a product or service that might interest you. The material to be sent to you is reviewed by us before the names and addresses (including e-mail addresses) are released to ensure the organization is reputable and material is appropriate and not misleading.
(d) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure Pure Luxury may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Pure Luxury has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to Transcontinental’s legal counsel.
- Control of your personal information At Pure Luxury, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. In particular: You may have the right to “opt out” of some or all of the identified purposes, uses and disclosures listed in sections 3 and 4 above. You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, service or information you requested. See “Contact Us” below. E-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and an “Unsubscribe” option.
- Where is your personal information stored? Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Pure Luxury, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
- How do we protect your personal information? We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized employees and suppliers have access to your personal information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all your information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security.